It can be described as the use of advanced techniques with beautiful Eastern and Western massage disciplines.
The advanced techniques aimed at the relief of pain, assisting patients in their recovery and rehabilitation.
Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy has been tailored to relieve pain in the body, its healing process is to target muscle imbalance and dysfunction in a holistic way. Think of it as massage – but with a focus on remedial treatment – particularly in the areas where you are experiencing the greatest stress, immobility or pain, which may have been caused by an injury, chronic postural problems or there may be other chronic body aches and pains in the body.
Eastern and Western Massage Disciplines include:-
- Amma Fusion Massage – Exciting blend of Eastern massage techniques and draws from disciplines such as Acupressure, table Shiatsu, Tuina
- Power Effleurage – A powerful technique that can release muscles and induce deep relaxation and nurturing for the client
- Trigger Point Therapy – One of the great discoveries of the Western bodywork and is a basis of techniques such as neuromuscular therapy. Trigger Point Therapy was pioneered by Janet Travell in the 1950's and who famously relived the pain of the U.S President John F. Kennedy who was injured in World War 2. Janet Travell along with David Simons wrote the definitive work on Trigger Point Therapy which was in 2 volumes. Trigger Points are points of tenderness which are often palpated in the muscles by the practitioner. A quote, "A hyper irritable locus within a taut band of skeletal muscle, located in the muscular tissue and/or its associated fascia. The spot is painful on compression and can evoke characteristic referred and autonomic phenomena" Travell and Simons.
- Myofascial Release – This aims to restore mobility in the fascia and soften connective tissue that has become rigid. A healthy fascia system is integral to good health
- The fascia of the body is the tough connective tissue that holds us together. Fascia has been describes as a three dimensional body stocking that surrounds and envelops each and every structure of the body, from the tiniest nerve which has its own fascial sheath to the largest bone in the body.
- Stretching – There is a variety of Sports stretching techniques used during an Advanced Clinical Massage
Conditions that can be treated with Advanced Clinical Massage are as follows:-
- Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Shoulder Girdle Pain
- Wrist and Arm Pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tennis and Golfers Elbow
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Ribs, Thorax and Abdomen
- Lower back Pain
- Hip and Pelvis Pain
- Leg, Knee and Foot Pain
- Chronic undiagnosed, generalised pain
Treatment plan for Advanced Clinical Massage to help reduce pain is 1 to 6 sessions
Benefits of an Advanced Clinical Massage is to release muscles that have been traumatized either through repetitive action or by an accident and to assist muscles back to a natural state.
To improve the range of mobility of the joint and muscles, to improve the circulation and to help give relieve from pain.
After releasing the muscles which were tight and painful an applied stretch can be performed to elongate the muscle bringing them back to their original flexibility which is called neuromuscular re-education.
What happens during a massage treatment?
Each Advanced Clinical Massage is tailored to your individual requirement.
During the Advanced Clinical Massage, I will use towels to ensure your modesty is kept at all times. I shall use either use oils or a wax for the Clinical massage and a decision will be made during the consultation.
The advanced Clinical Massage involves different techniques being applied either around or to the painful restricted joint or muscles. I will be working with you during the massage to find out at each stage were the pain exactly is and ascertain how painful, also if this triggers a referral pain if so where and how painful. At each stage of the massage there may be applied stretching to help the muscle elongate and relax.
I will be working with you after the Advanced Clinical Massage to advise on stretching exercise which will help to strengthen, relax painful joint or muscle (s).
This therapy is suitable for most people but there are certain conditions where a person has to avoid an Advanced Clinical Massage treatment, therefore to find out if you are able to have a treatment I shall first complete a consultation with you to make sure the treatment is right for you.
I may require before I can treat you permission from your doctor because of a medical condition or medication you are receiving at present.
Please note that a confidential record shall be kept with any relevant notes so we can discuss your future treatments.
Thermo Auricular Therapy (also known as Hopi Ear Candles) is a pleasant and non-evasive treatment of the ears, used to treat a variety of conditions. These ear candles induce a revitalising heat upon the head and ears, which soothes, relieves and relaxes.
Massage is one of the oldest forms of healing and began as a structured system of touch which produced positive results for people's health and well being. Massage therapy has been proved to be an effective, therapeutic tool to rebuild a more positive self-image and sense of self-worth.