- The information we collect;
- The information you share with us;
- What we do with that information;
- Who we share this information with;
- How we keep your information secure.
Who am we?
Christine Ringrose is the trading name of Christine Ringrose, 11 Pine Close, Rendlesham, Woodbridge, IP12 2GD
We provide Holistic and advanced clinical treatments to clients.
- Our website – this includes christineringrose.co.uk
- Our treatments – this is when you book a treatment with us
Throughout this document we are going to refer to our websites and any services that we offer such as “services”.
Information we collect
We only collect information if we have a reason for this such as if we need it to communicate with you or to provide you with a service. Sometimes we collect information in order to try and make our services better.
Below we outline the different ways in which we collect information from you.
Information you provide to us
Information that you provide to us when using our services is collected and stored. What we collect and store depends on the context. Here are some examples.
- Basic contact information – this is usually for invoicing purposes and typically we need to collect your name, address, telephone number, email address in order to meet regulations on financial transactions and invoicing.
- Mailing list – if you have signed up for our mailing list we collect your first and last name and your email address.
Information we collect automatically
When you use our services we also collect some information automatically. Below is the information we may automatically collect from you.
- Location information – we collect and determine your approximate location based on the IP address of your device. We collect this information so we can better understand how many people use our services from different countries for example. This helps us make them more accessible to people in those locations and improve our services.
- Log information – when accessing our services we collect basic log information about the device you are using, the operating system it is running, its IP address, the language of the device, the browser being used and the date and time of access.
How we use information
The information we collect, as outlined above is used in a number of different ways, some already mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our services – for example to setup your account with us in our accounting package so that we can issue invoices.
- To communicate with you about a project, offers and promotions that we may think are of interest to you and to receive feedback from you about our service provided.
- To improve our services and make them better for everyone.
We never sell your information to any third party, but we do share your information in the circumstances outlined below, with safeguards in place to help protect your privacy.
- Third party vendors – to help us run our business we use several third party vendors to provide services to us, for example accounting software and payment providers. We need to provide them with your details so they carry out that services successfully and safely. We also use some services to store our data on such as Google docs. All this data is stored in a secure way (see below).
- As Required by Law – we may disclose information about you in response to a court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property – we may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Christine Ringrose, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
Whilst nothing is ever 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction and we take reasonable measures to do so.
All the data we store on you is stored on servers or computers which use encryption when sending data from one device to another. Where services allow us to, we always use Two Factor Authentication to improve security of login information and reduce the risk of login information being used to gain unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have several choices regarding the information we store about you:
- Limit the information that you provide – you can choose to provide us with only the information we require to operate our services and not any optional information.
- Opt-out of electronic communications – you may choose to opt out of receiving electronic communications from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you do opt out, we may still send you other messages such as those about your account (e.g. service expiration emails) and legal notices.
- Set your browser to reject cookies – you can set your browser to reject cookies which will mean we will not track data from your we usually collect via cookies (see above). This comes with the drawback that some of our services may not operate or function properly without the aid of cookies.
Your “right to be forgotten”
You have a right to both access the information we hold from you as well as asking us to remove the information we hold from our systems. You can request either of these by contacting us on 01394 420913 or email@example.com . If you request we delete your information, you understand this may mean that we cannot continue providing you with the service or product you are currently using. We will also request that other organisations we have shared your data with do the same. If you require a list of these organisations, please indicate this when contacting us with your request.
For further information on what these rights are please visit: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Christine Ringrose is primarily a UK based business but we do work with third party providers from across the world. By accessing or using our services or providing your information to us you consent to us processing, transferring and storing your information in countries which could be outside of the UK and/or different from your home country.